(Recasts, adds company and analyst comments, details) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, Feb 26 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp , the world's largest auto maker, and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp inked a deal on Thursday for a fourth jointly-owned car factory in China as GM tries to catch up with Volkswagen AG . Their 50-50 venture, Shanghai GM, will buy a 50 percent stake held by four Chinese firms in the troubled Jinbei GM plant in the northeastern city of Shenyang, a GM executive said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Chasing VW, GM and China partner agree 4th plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642