(Adds analyst comments, details) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, June 15 (Reuters) - Car sales in China skidded 19.4 percent in May from April, the second straight monthly decline, as efforts to apply the brakes to a racing economy and restrict easy auto loans kept potential buyers at bay. Investors and economists have been watching the fast-growing auto industry for signs that Beijing's recent steps to cool overheating sectors of the economy were taking effect. But for market leaders ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-China car sales skid in May as economy slows" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.