(recasts, adds analyst comment) By Wendy Pugh MELBOURNE, July 23 (Reuters) - The world's second-largest diversified miner, Rio Tinto Ltd/Plc, reported on Wednesday strong demand for steel from a surging Chinese economy helped boost second quarter iron ore production 19 percent. Rio Tinto said June quarter shipments from its key Hamersley iron ore operation in Western Australia were also up six percent from the same quarter year earlier, led by increased demand in China, Taiwan and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-China demand boosts Rio Tinto iron ore output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.