(Adds details, analyst comment) BEIJING, May 18 (Reuters) - Chinese spending on the likes of roads and power plants slowed in the year through April as government measures to cool the potentially overheating economy began to bite. However, analysts said while the slower investment growth rate was positive, it did not erase fears China may have to raise interest rates for the first time in nine years to slow the economy. "It's still too high relative to what we think is sustainable and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-China investment slows, but rate fears remain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.