(Adds details, analysts' comments) By Edwin Chan SHANGHAI, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Top Chinese steel maker Baosteel disappointed on Friday with an 18 percent jump in quarterly profit after a surprise charge, but analysts said sizzling car and construction demand will fire up earnings in the last quarter. Baosteel , which vies with Japan's Nippon Steel Corp and Korea's POSCO to supply an economy that grew 9.1 percent in the year to the third quarter, enjoyed resilient steel prices and a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-China's Baosteel disappoints despite red-hot demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642