(adds FAW-Toyota cooperation, analyst comment) By Tiffany Wu SHANGHAI, Aug 29 (Reuters) - China's top auto group, FAW, will take a controlling stake in the country's fourth largest car maker for 1.42 billion yuan ($171.6 million) in a landmark merger aimed at fending off increasing foreign competition. The tie-up, first announced in June, also helps cement a budding partnership between the Chinese firms and Japan's largest automaker, Toyota Motor Corp , analysts said. Compact car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-China's biggest auto tie-up valued at $171.6 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.