(Recasts after Chirac remarks to reporters, PSA factory visit) By Tim Hepher and Elizabeth Pineau WUHAN, China, Oct 27 (Reuters) - French President Jacques Chirac lobbied hard to prevent China awarding strategic energy and rail deals to the United States and other economic rivals on Friday, making a rare visit by a foreign leader to inland China. Buoyed by more than $10 billion in deals on Thursday in Beijing, where he met President Hu Jintao, the French leader backed France's Areva in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Chirac lobbies for power, rail deals in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.