(Adds detail on incentives, dealer quote) By Poornima Gupta and David Bailey DETROIT, July 25 (Reuters) - Chrysler LLC said its financing arm would stop offering vehicle leases to U.S. consumers, a sharp break in strategy in response to tighter credit and the plunging resale prices for gas-guzzling trucks. The abrupt announcement on Friday afternoon was the latest sign of the stress on Chrysler from an industry downturn that has hit all automakers. Earlier this week, Chrysler said it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Chrysler financial arm to stop leasing vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.