* Sterling Heights plant was to shut in 2012 * Second shift to be added in 2011, creating 900 jobs * Suppliers to add 500 jobs to support higher demand (Adds detail, background, CEO quote, byline) By Bernie Woodall and David Bailey DETROIT, July 30 (Reuters) - Chrysler Group LLC will add a second shift to the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant near Detroit in early 2011 and keep that plant open beyond 2012, when it had been planned to shut, the company said on Friday. Chrysler Chief ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Chrysler to keep Michigan plant open, add jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.