(Recasts, adds Chrysler comments, background and byline) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, June 30 (Reuters) - Chrysler LLC will shut its St Louis minivan plant, cutting production of its top-selling vehicle and 2,400 factory jobs in a sign of the automaker's troubles with a market reeling from record gas prices. Chrysler said it would close the assembly plant -- one of two North American facilities dedicated to the Dodge Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country -- and eliminate a shift at a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Chrysler to shut minivan plant as sales slump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.