(Adds background, analyst quotes, updates share price) By Jonathan Spicer and Ros Krasny NEW YORK/CHICAGO, Aug 18 (Reuters) - CME Group Inc's stranglehold on the U.S. futures market grew tighter on Monday with the approval of its $7.6 billion purchase of energy and metals trading market NYMEX Holdings Inc . The Chicago-based company will now control some 98 percent of the trading in U.S. futures and options on futures. CME has said the NYMEX transaction will close on Friday. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-CME snags a big prize as NYMEX deal approved" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642