(Adds CEO comment, background, share indication) FRANKFURT, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Germany's Continental AG just missed forecasts with an 8 percent rise in third-quarter operating profit, and said it would issue 14.65 million new shares to help pay for its takeover of Siemens VDO . The car parts supplier announced in July that it had agreed to buy the Siemens automotive electronics unit for 11.4 billion euros ($16.44 billion), a transformational deal that nearly doubles its sales. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Continental shy of forecasts with Q3 earnings rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.