(releads, adds EU probe, company comment, lawyer comment) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, June 29 (Reuters) - Shares in German automotive supplier Phoenix AG jumped on Tuesday as Continental AG said its 227 million euro ($276.3 million) takeover bid to acquire its smaller German rival had succeeded. But any celebration was rather muted as the European Commission immediately launched an in-depth investigation into the deal to see if it would damage competition. "We're very ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Continental wins Phoenix bid but EU launches probe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.