(Updates stock action in first and last paragraphs) CHICAGO, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Cummins Inc , which makes diesel engines and power generators, reported on Thursday that third-quarter profit rose but still missed estimates, sending its shares to their biggest one-day percentage decline in nine years. Net profit increased to $184 million, or $1.84 a share, from $171 million, or $1.69 a share, a year earlier. But analysts, on average, were expecting $1.93, according to Reuters Estimates. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Cummins profit misses Wall Street view; stock down" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.