(Adds details on sales) CHICAGO, July 27 (Reuters) - Cummins Inc. , the U.S. diesel engine maker, said on Thursday its earnings in the second quarter rose 56 percent, due in part to strong sales to makers of off-highway equipment. The company also raised its forecast for full-year earnings, saying its markets worldwide were "strong." Cummins reported a second-quarter profit of $220 million, or $4.38 a share, up from $141 million, or $2.83 a share, during the same quarter last year. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Cummins reports higher 2nd-qtr net, raises outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.