(Adds Hilgert remarks) MOSCOW, May 24 (Reuters) - German-American carmaker DaimlerChrysler plans to start assembling Mercedes models in Russia this year, the Kremlin said. A Kremlin statement, issued late on Monday, quoted Daimler Chief Executive Juergen Schrempp as telling President Vladimir Putin the cars would be assembled in St Petersburg -- Putin's political stronghold -- starting this autumn. "If I had any doubts -- and I don't have them -- regarding Russia's development process, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Daimler plans to assemble Mercedes in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.