(Releads, adds analyst, lawyer, updates shares) By Mark Thompson FRANKFURT, Aug 22 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG said on Friday it would pay $300 million to disgruntled former Chrysler investors to settle a lawsuit linked to the 1998 merger that created the group but would fight similar claims. DaimlerChrysler said the plaintiffs were initially seeking $22 billion in damages in the class action at the district court in Delaware. It said a similar suit brought by Tracinda, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-DaimlerChrysler settles merger suit for $300 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.