(Recasts with details on sales, analysis) By Mark John PARIS, June 25 (Reuters) - French consumer spending took its sharpest dive in nearly four years in May as fears of rising unemployment and a spate of strikes in the euro zone's second largest economy spooked shoppers. National statistics office INSEE said on Wednesday spending slumped 1.6 percent last month, led down by a 3.7 percent tumble in car purchases and strong falls in clothing and durable goods. The headline fall was the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Dive in French consumer spending as job fears mount" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642