(Recasts, adds CEO comment, details, updates stock activity) CHICAGO, July 27 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker Dura Automotive Systems Inc. on Thursday posted a much wider-than-expected loss due to industry production cuts, the loss of General Motors business and higher costs, sending shares plummeting as much as 42 percent to an all-time low. Dura, which makes parking brakes, pedals and gear shifts, also said it plans to cut 510 workers by the end of the year. In February. it announced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Dura Automotive posts 2nd-qtr loss, shrs plummet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.