(Recasts with more detail, adds analyst) By Nick Tattersall FRANKFURT, July 31 (Reuters) - Demand for high-margin car electronics boosted profits at Germany's Continental in the first half, insulating the tyre and auto parts maker from sector malaise and letting it put a figure on its 2003 profit goal. The world's fourth-largest tyre maker said on Thursday operating profit jumped 15 percent to 399 million euros ($452 million), above the average forecast of 374 million in a Reuters poll ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Electronic gadgets boost profit at Germany's Conti" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.