(Adds comment from industry group, environmentalists) By Jeff Mason BRUSSELS, Jan 31 (Reuters) - The European Commission has proposed forcing oil firms to cut greenhouse gas emissions from drilling, refining, transporting and burning fuel in new rules aimed at fighting global warming. The plan, which seeks to cut emissions from oil's "life cycle" from the ground to a car's exhaust by 10 percent from 2011-2020, drew criticism from a European refining industry body, which said some of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-EU pressures oil companies to fight climate change" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.