(Adds that decision made to approve rail subsidies from truck tolls in paragraph 2) By Lisa Jucca BRUSSELS, July 23 (Reuters) - The European Commission said on Wednesday it had opened a state aid probe into Germany's plan to compensate its truck drivers for money they will pay under a future toll system. The probe was launched as the Commission approved an EU-wide scheme to use road tolls on lorries in environmentally sensitive areas to help pay for rail lines to reduce truck traffic. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-EU probes German toll compensation for truckers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642