(Rewrites with quotes from EU source, background) By Lisa Jucca BRUSSELS, Jan 27 (Reuters) - The European Commission, seeking to avoid another damaging row with Germany, has delayed indefinitely a decision on pursuing legal action against a law protecting Volkswagen from hostile bids. An EU source said on Tuesday European Commission President Romano Prodi and other members of the EU executive had been worried over the social impact of any move against the law, which Germany, the EU's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-EU puts action against Volkswagen law on hold" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.