(Adds Audi and DaimlerChrysler comments, no comment from Bosch) By Christiaan Hetzner STUTTGART, Germany, Jan 28 (Reuters) - German carmaker BMW will stop output at a plant for three days next month due to a shipment of faulty diesel pumps, it said on Friday, a problem that hit at least two other manufacturers. BMW said the component -- a diesel fuel-injection pump -- would in the worst case cause the engine to stall. A spokesman for Volkswagen's premium car division Audi said Robert ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Faulty component affects three German carmakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642