(Adds background, CEO Morchio, changes dateline from ROME) By Jane Barrett MILAN, Italy, Oct 26 (Reuters) - An option allowing Italy's Fiat to force General Motors to buy its loss-making car unit has been put back a year while the two groups settle a disagreement over whether it is still valid, they said on Sunday. Top Fiat managers have regularly said they have no intention of selling Fiat Auto but the "put" option is key to the group's debt ratings and value, while it is an on-going ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Fiat, GM agree to delay Fiat Auto option by 1 yr" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.