(adds share price, background, quotes) By Gianni Montani TURIN, Italy Jan 24 (Reuters) - Gianni Agnelli, one of Italy's most powerful businessmen who turned the family car company Fiat into a global industrial giant, has died aged 81, his family said on Friday. Agnelli, Fiat's honorary chairman, had been suffering ill health and last year went to the United States for treatment for prostate cancer. His death came as members of the Agnelli clan gathered for a meeting at which they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Fiat patriarch Gianni Agnelli dies at 81" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.