(Adds share price, quote, details, CNH results) By Gilles Castonguay MILAN, April 24 (Reuters) - Italy's Fiat posted a better-than-expected first-quarter profit on higher sales and confirmed its targets for the year despite weaker demand for cars, trucks and tractors, sending its shares higher. "Our portfolio of activities will enable us to offset the associated negative impact on profits," a statement said on Thursday. "We are therefore confirming our ... objectives." Those targets ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Fiat Q1 beats forecasts, targets kept; shares up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.