(Adds reaction, background) By Jane Barrett MILAN, July 31 (Reuters) - Fiat made a much smaller than expected operating loss of 25 million euros in the second quarter, it said on Thursday, as a series of restructuring plans started to bear fruit. Fiat said in a statement its core car unit -- which sparked the group's worst crisis last year -- cut its second-quarter operating loss to 234 million euros from 394 million a year ago. A Reuters poll of analysts last week forecast Fiat Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Fiat Q2 op loss shrinks sharply as plans kick in" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.