(Adds details, background, analyst comment, bond) By Jane Barrett TURIN, June 26 (Reuters) - Italy's Fiat announced plans on Thursday to slash thousands more jobs and raise 1.8 billion euros in fresh capital through a share issue in the latest blueprint aimed at returning it to solid profits in 2006. Fiat Chairman Umberto Agnelli told journalists the company's board had approved the capital increase to help fund the company's third restructuring plan in two years which would be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Fiat to slash jobs, raise capital in recovery bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.