(Recasts, adds details, background, byline) By Karen Padley and Susan Kelly CHICAGO, July 24 (Reuters) - A Texas judge on Thursday gave preliminary approval to a national class-action settlement involving Bridgestone Corp.'s Firestone unit and its its August 2000 recall of 6.5 million tires. As part of the settlement, Firestone would spend $15.5 million on a three-year consumer education program focusing on tire safety and incorporate technology that would improve the high-speed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Firestone class settlement gets preliminary OK" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.