* Company to set up factory in western Indian state Gujarat * Says facility to be ready by 2014, to employ 5,000 * Says initial capacity at 240,000 vehicles a year * India is world's second-fastest growing major car market (Adds company, analyst comment, details, byline) By Neha Singh MUMBAI, July 28 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co plans to build a $900 million production plant in India, doubling its investment in the country, as the No. 2 U.S. carmaker seeks to catch up with rivals in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Ford bets big on India with $900 mln plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.