(Updates first paragraph with new totals from company) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. will cut some 3,000 salaried jobs by releasing 1,700 contract workers and eliminating 1,300 vacant jobs in a bid to slash costs by the end of the year, the company told employees on Tuesday. The cuts are part a drive at the world's second-largest automaker to meet its profit forecasts despite higher-than-expected costs from Detroit's ongoing price wars. Mostly because of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Ford to cut 3,000 salaried jobs in cost push" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642