(Updates with comments from Ford spokesman) By John McCrank TORONTO, May 22 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Thursday it could slash more than 400 jobs at the Windsor, Ontario, plant where it makes engines for pickup trucks and SUVs, as part of the company's shift to focus on more fuel efficient vehicles. "We have sent layoff notices to approximately 430 employees," said Mark Truby, a Ford spokesman in Detroit. "That doesn't mean they will all necessarily be laid off... the exact ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Ford to lay off up to 430 Windsor employees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642