(Updates throughout with details) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, May 20 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. said on Tuesday it would miss its goal of keeping vehicle prices steady this year in the United States due to escalating incentives, but vowed to make up the difference with cost cuts. The change in Ford's outlook came during an update to analysts on Ford's year-old turnaround plan, which Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Ford Jr. pledged was on track, including Ford's target of earning 70 cents ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Ford to miss price targets, answer with cost cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.