(Recasts, adds details on cash outflow, analyst comment and updates stock price) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Wednesday said a total of 38,000 employees -- almost half of its U.S. factory workforce -- had accepted buyout offers to leave the company, but sees a cash drain of about $17 billion from 2007 to 2009. Also, Ford expects a deterioration in overall results next year because of decreased earnings at its finance arm and increased interest costs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Ford says 38,000 workers accept buyouts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.