* To build 3,600 new train cars over ten years * Beats Chinese, Canadian, Spanish firms * Contract seen creating around 33,000 jobs * Shares rise 2.8 pct By Tiisetso Motsoeneng JOHANNESBURG, Dec 5 (Reuters) - French transport and engineering group Alstom SA has won a $5.8 billion contract to supply passenger trains to South Africa, one of the largest government deals ever in Africa's biggest economy. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-France's Alstom wins $5.8 bln South African train deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.