(Adds background, detail, reaction) By Sudip Kar-Gupta PARIS, May 26 (Reuters) - Edouard Michelin, the joint managing director of the iconic French tyre maker, died in a boating accident in western France on Friday at the age of 43. A company spokeswoman said Michelin died in the accident off the Ile de Sein island in Brittany, western France, while on a fishing trip. The cause of the accident was not immediately clear. The Michelin company, which was founded in 1889 and is one of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-France's Edouard Michelin dies in boating accident" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.