* First state visit by French president since 2007 * Hollande shies away from formal apology for past * Says wants to ease visa regime * Seeks better business/trade ties (Adds quotes, reaction, background, context) By Julien Ponthus and John Irish ALGIERS/PARIS, Dec 20 (Reuters) - President Francois Hollande acknowledged on Thursday that France's colonisation of Algeria had been "brutal and unfair" but stopped short ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-French colonisation of Algeria "brutal" -Hollande" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.