TOKYO, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd , the maker of Subaru-brand vehicles, said it is in talks with Chinese carmaker Chery Automobile Co to build a joint plant in China. The two companies will spend about 30 billion yen ($358 million) to construct the factory, which will build 50,000 midsize vehicle a year from 2013, rising to 150,000, the Nikkei business daily reported earlier without citing sources. A Fuji Heavy spokesman confirmed that talks were ongoing, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Fuji Heavy says in talks with Chery on China plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.