(Changes dateline from FALLS CHURCH, Va., adds byline, analyst comment, background, updates stock price) By Mark Weinraub NEW YORK, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Defense contractor General Dynamics Corp. on Thursday said it would buy General Motors Corp.'s defense unit for $1.1 billion, giving it the top spot in the growing market for combat vehicles. General Dynamics, also a leading maker of combat ships and information systems, said it expects the all-cash deal to close in the first quarter of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-General Dynamics to buy GM combat vehicle unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.