(Rewrites with source familiar with the matter, adds detail) LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. is unlikely to make a first-round bid for DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler unit, leaving just private equity firms and auto-parts supplier Magna in the running, a source familiar with the matter said on Wednesday. General Motors is more likely to keep a watching brief on the bidding process and consider buying any spare assets that buyout firms do not want, the source added. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-General Motors will not bid for Chrysler-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642