(Adds comment from auto maintenance association, background) By Markus Wacket BERLIN, July 29 (Reuters) - Germany plans to put back the effective start of a new truck road toll system by two months until November 1 after widespread doubts about a smooth start to the scheme, sources close to the project said on Tuesday. The delay comes amid increasing reports of technical problems with the satellite-based tracking equipment used in the planned toll system and follows a decision by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Germany to delay truck road toll scheme-sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.