* Says 2,800 staff laid off since Oct 2008 * Planning plant shutdowns, short-time working * Sees FY profit meeting higher end of revised guidance * Shares jump 11 percent (Adds shares, details on aerospace, net borrowings) LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - British aerospace and automotive engineer GKN Plc added to gloom in the jobs market by announcing a further 1,400 layoffs on Wednesday and plans for more cuts for 2009. Pretax profit will come in at the higher end of the 150 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GKN cuts further 1,400 jobs, plans more in 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642