(New throughout, adds details, quotes, background) By Tony Munroe GUANGZHOU, China, May 18 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co, unfazed by talk of overinvestment in China, on Tuesday opened a joint venture sedan plant -- part of a spending spree by auto makers gunning for a piece of the world's fastest growing major car market. "Yes, overcapacity is a reality," said Miao Wei, chairman of Nissan's 50 percent-owned Dongfeng Motor Co tie-up. He said Dongfeng is adding capacity to meet demand, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Glut concerns aside, Nissan JV opens China plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.