(Adds detail on Nissan-Renault, GM share price movement, comments from Obama, McCain campaigns) By Jui Chakravorty Das and Kevin Krolicki NEW YORK/DETROIT, Oct 31 (Reuters) - A deal to merge General Motors Corp and Chrysler LLC has hit an impasse after the Bush administration ruled out funding for it, three people with direct knowledge of the talks said. This puts any merger of the struggling automakers on hold until after the U.S. presidential election, the sources said. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM, Chrysler merger on hold as aid hopes fade-sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.