* 54 pct of bondholders said to back swap for equity * GM expected to file for bankruptcy Monday * Obama expected to discuss GM's next steps (Recasts first paragraph, adds detail on bondholder support) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, May 31 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp and the U.S. government finalized plans on Sunday for the battered automaker to reorganize, as a majority of debtholders helped clear the way to a massive bankruptcy filing expected on Monday. President Barack Obama ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM closer to bankruptcy as bondholders smooth way" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.