(Recasts, adds UAW comments, details, background and byline) By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, Sept 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. will shift responsibility for health-care liabilities for its retired union workers to a new trust fund in 2010 and put $24.1 billion into that fund by the start of next year, the United Auto Workers said on Friday. The UAW said the total GM commitment to the fund was now nearly $30 billion. That will take more than $50 billion of liability for retiree health ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM commits nearly $30 bln for health-care trust" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.