(Recasts to add Ford spokesman's comment, details) DETROIT, Aug 25 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. onThursday said it was extending through Sept. 30 the discount program under which it is selling new cars and trucks to the general public at the same low price a GM employee would pay. The wildly successful U.S. program, which the ailing automaker introduced on June 1, had been set to expire on Sept. 6, but GM spokeswoman Brenda Rios said it would continue through the end of next month. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM extends employee discounts through Sept. 30" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.