(Adds detail from Treasury statement and on disbursement of funds to GM; changes dateline; previous New York) DETROIT, Dec 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. government on Wednesday paid out the first $4 billion in emergency loans to support General Motors Corp but a parallel rescue payment for Chrysler LLC was on hold until the new year. Chrysler said it remained in talks with the U.S. Treasury to finalize its own $4 billion loan agreement and expected to receive its share of the funding soon. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM gets $4 bln rescue loan, Chrysler on hold" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.