* Five plants to get upgrades, retain or create 1,600 jobs * Upgrades for next-gen V8 engines for pickup trucks * GM spending on plants up since bankruptcy (Adds company confirmation, plant spending since bankruptcy, details on new engines) DETROIT, April 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Co [GM.UL] on Tuesday said it would invest about $890 million to upgrade five North American plants to build the next-generation V8 engine for its full-sized pickup trucks. The investment will allow GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM to invest about $890 mln in plant upgrades" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.